Wednesday 22 June 2011

Real Weddings; Jen and Chris

A big thank you to Libra Photographics for sharing this beautiful wedding. I love the bridesmaid dresses and the cars are amazing ;0)





I met Jen when my Daughter was born... literally, she was my midwife! Whilst my other half was having contractions in Poole hospital I started chatting about what I do for a living and found out Jen was getting married, offering her a good deal as a thank you for looking after my two girls seemed like the right thing to do, and I'm glad I did as this was a great, fun, wedding.








Turning up at the house for the preparations I quickly realised that Jen was uber organised along with her two bridesmaids, one of which I am photographing her wedding in October, when all the details had been nicely presented and thought out, instead of the usual stuff thrown all over the bed and dress in a bag. This was a pleasant surprise and allowed me more time to focus on the job in hand (I usually end up giving mirrors a quick wipe etc).







Jen  had picked out some beautiful dresses for her bridesmaids, a fifties look which looked great on her bridesmaids, I couldn't miss the shot of these two sat on the chaise longue looking twee to compliment the fifties look. I have to say one of the things I like about Parley Manor is the waiting area whist the bride is with the registrar, a large bay windowed drawing room flooded with light. Always makes for a few great shots before the ceremony kicks off after a short walk down the garden. to where a nervous Chris was waiting.





Jen and Chris have a passion for cars, a certain make of cars, Lotus. Although Jen turned up in a Rolls Royce, the guests had turned up in their lotuses, including the groom. I could not resist the urge to get these cars lined up outside Parley Manor for a few shots in the sun. I'm sure you'll agree it was worth it!






More information on Libra photographics is below:

I graduated with a BA(hons) degree in photography 1997, and worked in photography ever since. I started Libra Photographics in 2000 with medium format film gear going digital in 2004. I do miss the days of film but digital has bought a whole lot of extras with it. I am a bit of a control freak so it is nice to be in control from start to finish.

Based in Poole Dorset my local area is Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Devon and Somerset. But I travel farther if asked, I have even shot weddings in the Lake District on a paddle steamer! 

I have now split my company in two as I believe my weddings and my portraiture have evolved differently, I have weddings at www.libraphotographics.co.uk and portraiture at www.eamesphotographer.com. I find this has free'd me up to pursue a lot more creativity in both.



No comments:

Post a Comment